We got into the retail category by developing advertising campaigns for one of the world’s largest general merchandise retailers. Years later we were working on the product lines, the promotional concepts, new retail formats and the redesign of specific departments. We also have worked with one of the larger sporting goods retailers and have done shopper marketing studies of the grocery section for a large retail chain as well as several regional chains. Here is a brief summary of our retail experience…
- Advertising concept development & copy assessment.
- Positioning concepts and tagline development.
- Development and assessment of promotional materials.
- Customer feedback on promotional events and the promotional calendar.
- Assessment and refinement of signage, displays and pricing information.
- “Off-the-mall” experiments with small format retail concepts.
- Tool & hardware department redesign.
- Sporting goods & apparel: analysis of competitive shopping experiences and store redesign.
- Private label branding and new product development: tools, appliances, automotive parts & services, children’s apparel.
- Customer loyalty concept explorations.
- Shopper marketing analyses
- Sears Roebuck & Co. Assessment of advertising and promotional concepts; brand positioning studies; tagline assessments; consumer guidance with mainline advertising evolution; brand positioning studies for Craftsman, Kenmore, DieHard & WeatherBeater; analysis of promotional calendar; development of promotional event concepts; multiple studies of website content and GUI usability; multiple studies of “off-the-mall” concepts and regional tests.
- Sports Authority Store redesign concept assessment; competitive shopping experience study; shopper loyalty program exploration.
- Clients* In-store shopper marketing studies.
* Several of our clients have asked to remain anonymous.